Crowning or teeth capping is performed when a large cavity threatens the health of a tooth. One of the most commonly used crowning materials is zirconium oxide. This metal belongs to the titanium family. It lasts longer than other types of crowning material and highly resembles actual teeth. On average, it lasts 10-15 years, although for many patients it will last a lifetime. Although it’s translucent makes it ideal for anterior teeth, its strength makes it extremely suitable for posterior teeth.
Benefits of getting a Zirconia Crown
- Although it has an initial high cost, it lasts longer than a porcelain crown. Therefore, in the long run, they are very cost-effective.
- It is a natural looking mineral.
- The tissues in our mouth readily accept zirconia crown making them biocompatible. It starts working within days of the treatment.
- Zirconium oxide is a very strong metal.
- The Zirconia crown is made using CAD-CAM technology, the latest technology in the world of dentistry.
- Most of the other types of dental crowns go through corrosion with passing years. Zirconium’s rate of corrosion is extremely low. Hence, they tend to last longer than other crowning material.
Visit the Best Dental Clinic in Kolkata to get your tooth crowned.