When you have dental work done, such as a root canal, the first thing that comes to your mind is that “will it be painful?” Well, if you are choosing the best dentist providing root canal treatment in Kolkata, be assured that you are in safe hands. The dentist and expert team will make it as much comfortable and seamless as possible.
But does it also makes eating and drinking difficult for the first few days after the procedure? Before discussing the best diet plan for post-treatment, let us first go over what goes into it.
Understanding Root Canal Therapy
Root canal therapy is a simple dental procedure that can relieve dental pain and save damaged teeth. A root canal treatment is recommended when you have an infection within the roots or have been experiencing painful inflammation for a few days.
During the procedure, a dentist will remove the pulp from the tooth, clean the area, disinfect the area in the event of an infection, shape the canal, and insert a filling within the tooth to seal the area and stop the tooth decay.
Oral Hygiene Following the Treatment
To recover quickly, you must follow a few oral hygiene guidelines to avoid disturbing the area that has recently been treated with a filling. When you choose the best dentist in Kolkata, the expert will guide you well.
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss once a day to avoid further infection.
- When brushing, avoid applying pressure to the treated tooth.
- Because you will most likely feel sore and numb in the area for a few days, it is critical that you take your prescribed medications on time.
- If you notice sudden swelling in the area, see your dentist right away because it could cause damage and infection.
- Keep a positive attitude because the mild discomfort will go away in a few days.
What to Eat After a Root Canal?
If you have just had a root canal treatment, be careful not to irritate the area, as this may result in re-infection, damage to the expansive filling, and increased pain!
When eating breakfast, lunch, or dinner, you should avoid eating anything that is hard and difficult to chew, such as nuts and meat, spicy and extremely hot, such as tea and coffee, crunchy, such as corn, apples, or carrots, or sweet, such as toffee, nougat, or candy, which can damage your teeth and increase tooth sensitivity. Instead, stock up on the items listed below:
- Lentil soup with lots of veggies
- Pancakes with maple syrup and butter
- Eggs (scrambled/boiled/omelette)
- Protein shakes (plant-based/dairy-based/meat-based)
- Fruit smoothies
- Lightly cooked ramen
A root canal treatment is a highly effective procedure for extending the life of a damaged or decayed tooth. Follow the meal tips mentioned above to ensure that your treatment runs smoothly until the end and that you recover safely! Choosing the best dental doctor in Kolkata is a must!